Our Procurement team is currently looking for a new team. In procurement, we support all Business Units and deliver value through and beyond savings. Would you like to join us? Are you looking for a new challenge?
If this is something what interest you, read on:
You will establish a supplier development excellence function within Procurement to identify cost reduction opportunities at 3rd party supply base in products and systems sourced or to be sourced. Implement process, tools and training that, provide cost down opportunities, cost analysis and assessment, support design-to-cost ideation, and assess planning issues and supplier risks.
Objective of this role is to develop sustainable cost down roadmaps with suppliers that outperform business objectives and needs. Responsibilities will include cross-functional program management to qualify new components, supporting issues with current production, developing new suppliers to reduce cost, increase capacity, and auditing suppliers to ensure process conformance.
Your main tasks will be:
- Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to identify product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment improvement potentials
- Align improvements initiatives between the supplier management and corresponding DPDHL stakeholder, like divisional Management and Procurement Management.
- Drive the aligned development projects targeting the jointly aligned win-win benefits.
- Build and develop further the Supplier Development capabilities within the Corporate Procurement Organization.
- Provide leadership during the project phase across the team member across all invoved parties and ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Prepares and performs supplier assessments for suppliers identified by the category, e.g. forming the team, supplier acceptance, assessment strategy
- Identifies cost saving opportunities the supplier from a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) perspective
- Supports the category team and the supplier with the implementation of the identified improvement opportunities
- Maintains a database with relevant supplier information and benchmark information
- Develops and maintains a standardized toolbox aligned with the SD community
- Supports suppliers with ideas for sustainability improvements
- Has knowledge of the industrial engineering tools.
- Supporting operational excellence processes and change management at suppliers
- Provides industrial engineering capability such as:
- Visual Factory/Supply-chain Value Stream Maps (VSM); both Wall-to-wall VSM & Flow-Layouts as well as E2E VSM's
- Cost calculation on integral TCO-basis: (Product pre-Calculation bottom-up, Target Calculation top-down Post Calculation)
- Line Balancing, OEE measurement
- Measuring work-speed in a line & performs factory load analysis
- Shares relevant benchmark examples for the different subjects with the counterparts.
- Making the overall cost saving potential estimation after the assessment
Your profile should look like:
- >10 years in supplier development, management of production processes, supplier management or other relevant working experience
- Knowledge in Engineering, with preferably experience in an industrial environment
- Expert in process improvements and cost optimization
- Expert in modern engineering methods, tools, processes and statistical data analyses
- Effective communication skills across all management levels
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing and product development processes
- Knowledge of engineering, with preferably experience in an industrial environment
- Preferably expertise in managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Understands business trends and the direction supply management must take to support the business
- Possesses a broad understanding of current and future product lines and life cycles
- Leads the development of effective networks of internal and external customers, suppliers, the procurement community, vendors and consultants
- Knowledge of lean management and change management
- Expertise in improvement methods, such as 6S, Kaizen, JIT, TPM, Value Stream Map
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Outstanding opportunity, responsibility as well as a fantastic working environment
- Competitive salary and world class benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don't hesitate and start your application.