The customs control tower is an advanced customer service department at Gerlach (DHL).
As a Customs Control Tower Agent, you are the central point of contact for Gerlach's customers all over Europe. You unburden your customers so that they have complete overview over their goods flows and can focus on their business processes.
• You pre check all customer orders and ensure their correct availability in the system; you make sure that all necessary missing data is completed and can be used for customs clearance, for example incorrect INCOTERMS or HS codes that have not been agreed. Therefor you are in close contact with your customers.
• You work together intensively with the local brokers in Europe that handle the clearing process when the order is approved in the system.
• You take care of the implementation of new customers; in communication with the local broker you make sure that all specific customer data is completed in the system.
• Taking care of monthly reports, invoicing and claims is also a part of your work as well as being the next escalation point in case of important issues.
What we offer
Working at Gerlach means working at one of the most import customs clearance companies in Europe.
• We offer you an international learning environment, where you will be surrounded by professionals of all kind of levels. Specialization in your field of work is also important in our company; we offer to support you with your advanced trainings.
• Furthermore we offer interesting benefits; a salary up to € 3200,-=, depending on knowledge and experience.
• Another part of our benefits is the cao a la carte system, with the possibility to spend a budget on extra vacation days, salary or education.
For this position you preferably have a proven record of experience in the field of customs or a mbo-4 education with a few years of experience with customer service in a logistic environment or you are a hbo graduate with affinity with logistics/customs and customer service.
• You preferably already have some knowledge about customs terms and documents or are willing to learn. You will be trained on the job.
• Your English must be advanced (communication is in English), both oral and written and preferably you master another language.
• You are a service professional; the customer always comes first.
• You like working in a dynamic environment and have no problems with multi-tasking.
• You have a good knowledge about IT systems and programs (for example excel) and are a quick learner.
Interested in this job opportunity? Than we invite you to apply on this position with your resume and personal motivation before September 25. For questions about this vacancy you can contact Mélanie van Beeck, recruitment business partner, on 06-30065184.