JOIN OUR TEAM IN AMSTERDAM (NETHERLANDS) FOR A FULL-TIME (40 HOURS PER WEEK) POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
CSI Global Customer Manager (m/f/x) eRetail & Fashion
TODAY, YOU'RE STIMULATING THE WAY A CUSTOMER SUCCEEDS.
TOMORROW, YOU'RE SHAPING THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS.
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That's why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL's Customer Solutions & Innovations (CSI), one of the business units of DHL, is a globally dedicated organization which simplifies the DHL customer experience by providing a single customer interface and developing innovative industry-tailored solutions for DHL's largest global customers. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
We are looking for a Global Customer Manager (m/f/x) who will lead the global development of assigned top Luxury Fashion customer account by positioning DHL as a strategic business partner and delivering agreed programs through a team spanning across DHL Business Units.
The candidate could be placed in several locations in Europe: Netherlands, UK, Spain or Germany.
In this key role, you will establish effective relationships with key contacts within targeted customer organizations to ensure maximum leverage for DHL's interests and work together to propose business solutions that add value to the customer's business and enhance its performance and reputation while maximizing DHL sales and revenue growth.
Strategic customer engagement & planning
- Lead strategic customer dialogues with global decision makers to identify customer's business objectives, supply chain requirements & challenges
- Understanding the challenges of this Fashion customer and his brands who are moving into a multichannel sales environment with a strong eCommerce growth
- Scope the impact and changes on the multichannel supply chain identifying the right DHL solutions to support the customers with his challenges accordingly
- Create future opportunities by translating customer needs & business trends into potential solutions
- Link senior DHL executives with account counterparts at board or senior management level
Relationship & opportunity development
- Position yourself as a strategic resource in a way that senior customer management seeks advice on high impact topics
- Proactively identify opportunities and develop recommendations on a global & regional level based on financial attractiveness, risk and fit of customer requirements with DHL capabilities
- Manage the renewal agenda in a proactive manner at a global and regional level
Preparing, winning & implementing the deal
- Create and present high complexity solutions to customer demonstrating clear business & solution fit
- Ensure common understanding of service expectations & solutions both with the customer, DHL countries/regions & within CSI
- Challenge solution delivery team to ensure customer inputs & requirements are translated into DHL offer
Service management & account maintenance
- Act as key contact for customer and channel the communication to account teams and DHL internal functions
- Support effective Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS) process & drive follow up activities to increase customer satisfaction year-on-year
Strategic Thinking & Targeting
- Translate customer strategy into meaningful business opportunities of value for DHL divisions extended to board level independently, and ensure buy-in for the same
- Proactively identify best fit opportunities for DHL across regions/products/solution
Selling & Influencing
- Develop & articulate business and solution fit that reflects customer's requirements, sector & product knowledge
- Develop proposals that adhere to internal guidelines & commercial standards
- Prepare for commercial discussion by identifying customer's buying criteria & developing strong pricing & negotiation strategies that incorporates knowledge of competitor's position
Developing Commercially Viable & Innovative Solutions
- Proactively offer x-divisional solutions that leverage all relevant products & capabilities of DHL divisions
- Engage customers through consulting studies & customer workshops to identify opportunities to offer innovative solutions, by leveraging a broad network of resources internal and external
- Understand key DHL & customer's business drivers (e.g revenue, cost) & anticipate impact of business decisions & solutions based on the macro-economic environment
Working Across the Business
- Coordinate divisional account team (e.g. monthly team calls) and ensure that necessary resources are available on a global scale
- University degree (15 years commercial experience with Bachelor's degree; or 12 years with a Master's degree.)
- 5+ years of experience in the Logistics Industry. Preferably Fashion or Retail related logistics.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the total supply chain of this industry; preferably in Fashion and/ or eRetail
- Proven experience with preferable 2+ DPDHL Divisions (Global Forwarding and Express strongly preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of international customer management experience
- 3 years minimum of Consultative Selling experience working at Senior Management level on international scope.
- Supply Chain Management experience with global Customers and sound logistics understanding
- Established a strong DPDHL internal network (eg. Interacts with Commercial Heads and/or Industry/ Sector Heads of DPDHL Divisions on a regular basis)
- Has a strong understanding of DPDHL products and services in all Divisions globally including the competitive positioning
- Must have a proven strategic and innovative mindset and ability to influence the management and direction of the account.
- Proven ability to make and influence decisions in a complex, changing or ambiguous environment and challenge constructively – whether it is customer or DP DHL colleagues.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills, written and oral communication skills and presentation & facilitation skills
- Strong computer skills with Excel and PowerPoint to enhance communication effectiveness
- Strong relationship management, senior program management and operational skills
- Ability to engage & lead discussions at board level with senior management
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous responsibilities and priorities effectively.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead a team of direct reports and influence without formal authority
- Ability to manage in matrix structure (Networking; persuasive)
- Excellent English language proficiency level
- Good French language skills required
Anna Kortmann will be happy to answer your questions via telephone +49 228 182 47712.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on 'Apply Here' and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.